Mitchell K. Karpf
Mitchell K. Karpf was born in Miami, Florida. He received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Florida Atlantic University in 1979 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami, School of Law, graduating in 1984.
Mr. Karpf is a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Lawyer by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education as well as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator. He is the Immediate Past Chair of the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association.
- "Friend of the Family Award" presented by the American Bar Association. This is the highest award given by the Family Law Section for his creation and devotion to the "Families Matter" platform. August 2012.
- Nationally recognized by Naifeh & Smith's "The Best Lawyers in America," Seaview Putnam from 2006-present
- Named in Florida Super Lawyers 2006- present.
- Included as one of the Best Family Lawyers in the U.S. by "The Best of the U.S. LLC"
- Designated as Top South Florida Lawyer, Family Law in the South Florida Guide from 2005-present
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Mr. Karpf has been distinguished through peer review as having attained the highest level of legal ability and professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability and diligence.
- Chapter Author: "Prenuptial Agreement Law in Florida", Supplement to Drafting Prenuptial Agreements, Aspen Publishers, 2012
- "The Death of a Lawyer - How to Prevent One Tragedy from Leading to Others," Vol. 30, 00.2, Family Advocate
- "Rainmaking in Transition," Vol. 27, No.3, Family Advocate
- Co-authored "The Divorce is Over - What About the Kids," Vol 17, No.4, American Journal of Family Law
- "Winning Trial Prep," Vol.21, No.2, Family Advocate
- "Hot Tips From the Experts," Vol. 21, No.2 Family Advocate, Family Law Section
- "Prenuptial Facts Unite Pragmatic Romantics," The National Law Journal
- Presenter/Coordinator: "Handling a Complex Equitable Distribution Case." American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Mid-Year Meeting, March, 2013.
- Presenter: "What You Need to do to Effectively Prepare for Mediation and Trial." American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Lunch and Learn Webinar, December, 2012.
- Moderator: "How Domestic Violence Allegations Impact the Psychological Health of a Child," Speakers: Miguel Firpi, Ph.D., Honorable Sandy Karlan, Neena Mailk, Ph.D., American Bar Association, Section of Family Law, 2012 Spring CLE Conference
- Presented "Hot Topics in Family Law" to the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts and the Institution of Business Appraisers at their 2010 Annual Consultant's Conference.
- Frequent lecturer and has presented opening and closing statement: "The most effective use in family law cases", 2008 Annual Institute, American Academy of National Lawyers, Florida Chapter,
- Moderator of ABA Hot Tips Program, 2002-2004.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- North Dade County Bar Association (Member Board of Directors, 1993-1994)
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar (Member: Family Law Section; Immediate Past Chair 2010-2011; Chair 2009-2010; Chair-Elect 2008-2009; Vice-Chair 2007-2008; Secretary, 2006 - 2007: Governing Council, 2001-2006; Vice-Chair, 1999-2000 and Chair, 2000-2004, Scope and Correlation Committee; Member Corporate Sponsorship Committee, 2002 - 2007; Marketing and Public Relations Committee, (Vice-Chair, 1999-2000 and Chair 2005-2006); Long Range Planning Committee, 2005-2006
- The Florida Bar (Member, Sections on: Trial Lawyers, Family Law; Family Law Rules, 1997-2003; Co-Chair, Litigation Support Committee, 1998-1999)
- First Family Law American Inn of Court (Master, Secretary, 1999-2000; Treasurer, 2000-2001; Vice President, 2001-2002; President, 2002-2003)
- Fellow, American Academy Matrimonial Lawyers, 1999 - present (Board of Managers 2010-)
- Fellow, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2009 - present
Mitchell K. Karpf
Young, Berman, Karpf & Gonzalez, P.A.
2400 North Commerce Parkway, Suite 309
Weston, FL 33326
Phone: (954) 809-3300
Fax: (954) 809-3324
1101 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1400N
Miami, FL 33131
Phone: (305) 945-1851
- Florida Atlantic University, B.B.A.
- University of Miami, J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit