Brian M. Karpf
Brian M. Karpf is a Florida native. He graduated cum laude from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2004 where he was president of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity. Mr. Karpf received his Juris Doctor from Florida International University in 2007. He was also distinguished by the CALI Excellence for Future Award in Intellectual Property law, a recognition given to the student with the top grade in the course.
Mr. Karpf was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2007 and joined Young, Berman, Karpf & Gonzalez, P.A. in the same year.
Mr. Karpf focuses his practice in the areas of Family Law, Commercial Litigation, Internet Law, Ecommerce and Cybersquatting. Mr. Karpf acted as both Moderator and Panelist for the American Bar Association, Family Law Section Presentation - "Evidence for Family Lawyers" and as Moderator of "Identifying and Solving Tax Issues in Family Law Cases". He is also the Founder of www.lawyerlunch.com and www.caretotrade.com.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- State Delegate, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Assembly, 2010 Annual Meeting
American Bar Association
- Member of Family Law Section: Council Member, 2010-2014; Liaison to the Young Lawyers Division, 2010-2014; Chairman, Young Lawyers Committee, 2010-2013; Vice-Chairman, Host Committee, 2010-2011; Co-Chairman, Host Committee, 2011-2012; Law Practice Management and Technology Committee, Executive Member, 2009-2011; Vice-Chairman, Law Practice Management and Technology Committee; Member Benefit Development Committee, Executive Member, 2009-2011, Vice-Chairman, 2011-2013 ; Sponsorship Committee, 2010-2012.
- Young Lawyers Division: Liaison to the Family Law Section, 2010-2012; Vice-Chairman, Family Law Committee, 2010-2011; Assistant Editor, Affiliate Newsletter, 2011-2012
- CLE Committee 2013-2014
- North Dade Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Weston Bar Association, Board of Directors
- First Family Law American Inn of Court
- Emerge Broward
- Young Emet Society, Founder
- Moderator and Panelist, Evidence for Family Lawyers
- Moderator, Identifying and Solving Tax Issues in Family Law Cases
- Producer. Social Networking for the Family Lawyer: Evidence, Research, Marketing, Ethics & More
- "Florida courts shouldn't treat families like businessses", Daily Business Review, July 2012
- "The Civil Contempt Conundrum" , Florida Bar Family Law Section, Commentator, Fall 2012
Brian M. Karpf
Young, Berman, Karpf & Gonzalez, P.A.
2400 North Commerce Parkway, Suite 309
Weston, FL 33326
Phone: (954) 809-3300
Fax: (954) 809-3304
1101 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1400N
Miami, FL 33131
Phone: (305) 945-1851
- University of Florida, B.S., cum laude
- Florida International University, J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit