Brian M. Karpf
Brian M. Karpf is a Partner in the firm. A Florida native, he graduated cum laude from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2004 where he was president of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity. Mr. Karpf received his Juris Doctor from Florida International University in 2007. He was also distinguished by the CALI Excellence for Future Award in Intellectual Property law, a recognition given to the student with the top grade in the course. Mr. Karpf was named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2013-2014 and 2014-2015. No more than 2.5% of lawyers under 40 years old receive this honor.
Mr. Karpf focuses his law practice in the areas of Family Law, Appeals, and International Child (Hague Convention) Abduction Cases in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Weston, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Palm Beach, and Naples. As a divorce and family law attorney, he has represented high net worth clients, celebrities and athletes and is routinely involved in complex family law cases involving divorce, child custody and timesharing, alimony, equitable distribution, and business valuations, as well as international custody disputes. Mr. Karpf has lectured on a variety of family law issues.
Mr. Karpf has served on the Executive Council of the ABA Family Law Section Section since 2010. He was also appointed by the President of the Florida Bar to serve on the Family Law Rules Committee until 2017, and was elected to the Board of Governors of the Florida Bar's Young Lawyer's Division. Mr. Karpf is widely active in legal and family law organizations both nationally and locally.
- Social Networking for the Family Lawyer: What You Need To Know about Ethics, Evidence, & Discovery, Speaker
- Evidence for Family Lawyers, Speaker
- Social Networking for the Practicing Attorney, Speaker
- Identifying and Solving Tax Issues in Family Law Cases, Speaker/Moderator
- Social Networking for the Family Lawyer: Evidence, Research, Marketing, Ethics & More, Producer
- 100 Days Before Trial-No Time to Lose, Producer
- Labor and Employment Law for Family Law Practitioners, Producer
- Thinking Inside the Box: Creative Internet Research and Investigation for the Family Lawyer, Producer
- "Florida Courts Shouldn't Treat Families Like Businesses", Daily Business Review, July 2012
- "The Civil Contempt Conundrum" , Florida Bar Family Law Section, Commentator, Fall 2012
- CALI Excellence for Future Award (Top Grade in Class), Intellectual Property Law
- 2011 NITA, ABA Trial Advocacy Institute
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013-2014, 2014-2015
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Bar
- Family Law Rules Committee July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2017
- Board of Governors, Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Class II
- State Delegate, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Assembly: 2010 Annual Meeting, San Francisco; 2014 Midyear meeting, Chicago; 2014 Annual meeting, Boston.
- American Bar Association
- Member of Family Law Section: Executive Council Member, 2010-present; CLE Committee, 2012-present; Chair, Law Practice Management and Technology Committee, 2013-present, Vice-Chair, 2011-2013; Liaison to the Young Lawyers Division, 2010-present; Chair, Young Lawyers Committee, 2010-2013, 2014-present; Vice-Chair, Host Committee, 2010-2011; Co-Chair, Host Committee, 2011-2012; Member Benefit Development Committee, Executive Member, 2009-2011, Sponsorship Committee, 2010-2012.
- Young Lawyers Division: Liaison to the Family Law Section, 2010-present; Vice-Chairman, Family Law Committee, 2010-2011; Assistant Editor, Affiliate Newsletter, 2011-2012
- North Dade Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Weston Bar Association, Board of Directors
- First Family Law American Inn of Court
- Emerge Broward
- Young Emet Society, Founder