Andrew S. Berman
Andrew S. Berman was born in New York, New York. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Brandeis University in 1980 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami, graduating cum laude in 1983.
Mr. Berman is a Board Certified Appellate Practice Lawyer by the Florida Bar Board
of Legal Specialization and Education.
- Nationally recognized by Naifeh & Smith's "The Best Lawyers in America," Seaview Putnam (2006 - 2012)
- Named in Florida Super Lawyers (2006-2013).
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Mr. Berman has been distinguished through peer review as having attained the highest level of legal ability and professional standards of conduct, ethics, reliability and diligence.
Areas of Practice:
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Professional Negligence
- Health Care Litigation
- Business Torts
- Probate Litigation
- Ancillary Business Special Committee, 2003–2005
- Dade County and American (Member, Litigation Section) Bar Associations
- The Florida Bar (Member, Committees on: Appellate Court Rules, 1993-2002, 2006–present; Professional Ethics, 1996-2004, 2012-present; Vice-Chair, 1997-1998; Ethics 2000 Review Panel, Special Committee to Review the ABA Model Rules, 2001; Professionalism, 2004– 2006)
- ABA Center for Professional Responsibility
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (Director, 1998-2000)
- Spellman/Hoeveler American Inns of Court (Vice President/Treasurer, 1996-2001; President, 2002-2004)
- "Legal Ethics," American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, FL Chapter, 28th Annual Institute, May, 2006
- "Ethics & Professionalism in Litigation," Dade County Defense Bar Association, February, 2004
- Masters Seminar of Professional Ethics, Florida Bar CLE, 2003
- "Ethical Compliance in a Multi-State Practice; Avoiding the Abyss," Florida Bar Out of State Practitioners Division, June, 2002
- "Ethics Issues for Multi-state Practitioners," Florida Bar Out of State Practitioners Division, June, 2001
- "Preservation of Issues for Appellate Review," Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Committee, 1999
- "Oversight or Invasion...Who's In Charge?" (balancing a lawyer's duty and judgment regarding carriers and clients)
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, August 1999, Atlanta; "What Happens When Lawyers Get Together" (ethics and liabilities when lawyers associate)
Andrew S. Berman
Young, Berman, Karpf & Gonzalez, P.A.
1101 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1400N
Miami, Florida 33131
Phone: (305) 377-2291
Fax: (786) 219-1981
- University of Miami, J.D., cum laude
- Brandeis University, B.A.
- Florida and U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court